Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Let me guess- Backstreet Boys?



Last week, Abby and I took a quick road trip to Nashville for the New Kids on the Block-Backstreet Boys concert (NKOTBSB). I saw them on the summer concert series on TODAY earlier this summer and recorded it for Abby to see. The performance was SO good and we both got giddy just watching it on TV- while Craig looked confused. We decided to see where their tour would be heading this summer and were excited to find that they would be in Nashville! That was enough for us and we purchased tickets!





The whole way to Nashville we talked about how excited we were, shared about the songs we’d been listening to on our BSB Pandora station, and laughed at ourselves for being so excited. When we arrived at our hotel on Tuesday afternoon, the valet greeted us as we excitedly spilled out of the car. He looked at us and said, “Let me guess, Backstreet Boys?” I guess we gave off the “we’re-so-excited-about-NKOTBSB-concert” vibe. We were not offended.

Our hotel was just a few blocks away from the arena, so we walked and didn’t even care that it was raining. As we got closer, we joined the flock of other women heading to the arena and felt right at home. I cannot even explain the anticipation we were feeling as we got inside and found our AWESOME seats. I don’t think either of us stopped smiling the entire night.


Favorite quote of the night: when the lights lowered and the boys were about to come out and the entire crowd was screaming excitedly, Abby looked at me and said, “I might cry when they come out!” And so began the screaming fest for the night. Yes, we screamed the whole time. The show was AMAZING and I felt like a teenager again as I watched NKOTB and BSB wow the crowd. We certainly weren’t the only ones screaming our heads off. I’ll also admit proudly that we remember all the lyrics. We are true fans.





To top off our AWESOME seats, Jordan Knight came to our seats at one point during the show. Abby recorded it on her phone and I laugh every time I watch it. You can’t even hear what he’s singing for the screaming in the background. Awesome.

They played for over 2 ½ hours. Best concert I have ever been to and worth every penny I paid for my ticket. We got back to the hotel around 11:30 and it took us another hour or so to calm down. I know it was a great time because the show was great, but also because I was with my best friend. And although we are both adults, only my sister could scream like a child with me at the NKOTBSB concert.


The Right Stuff


I Want It That Way



And just to be clear, Abby never did cry. :)

4 comments:

  1. That is just awesome. I LOVED NKOTB back in the day. You and Abby are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leah! I'm your newest follower :) I love blogs, and it's so fun to read them when it's people you actually know!

    I screamed the whole time at the concert too. So glad I ran into you and Abby before the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so I've figured out how to "follow" you. :)
    I have a question...Was Mark Walburg part of either of these groups?

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Not Mark, but his brother Donnie is a NKOTB. :)

    ReplyDelete