Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Snow Break!


Tuesday of this week was my first day back to work from a 10 day snow vacation. Talk about a rude awakening. For the past 10 days, I have been living it up at home, enjoying myself, watching all 4 (yes, I said 4) hours of The Today Show, and hanging out with my sweet husband and puppies. Monday we woke up to 10 inches of beautiful snow. I was like a child on Christmas morning. Craig and I decided we would make a big breakfast, call Ab and Jer and Mama and Daddy, and enjoy playing in the winter wonderland. We spent the day riding four wheelers, throwing snowballs, and warming up by the fire. It was a fabulous day.


Each day, Madison City would let us know by 2:00 if we would have school the next day. I’ll confess, each day at 2:00 I was waiting patiently by the TV to see the verdict for the next day. I can’t believe we were out of school for an entire week- but I loved every minute of it.

When we came back to school Tuesday, I didn’t know what to expect from my class. They surprised me by being angels. Sweet JT came in the room and said, “Mrs. Igo, I feel like I’m in 3rd grade!” When I asked him why, he replied, “Because we’ve been out of school for so long!” So true.

Today at lunch, I had the privilege of sitting at the table with my kids for lunch. Normally, we have a teacher’s table, but for this week we’ve been “asked” to sit with our kids. During lunch, a sweet little girl told me all about the new diet her entire family is on right now. I asked her to tell me about it and this is what I got: “Well, it’s called the healthy eating diet. We can’t eat things with sugar and food coloring.” I was curious about the food coloring and asked her to tell me what kinds of things had food coloring. She said, “Well, you know, popsicles. . . .that stuff I used to mix in my water bottle (crystal light), and. . . .Easter eggs.” Oh, of course, why didn’t I think of that! No Easter eggs on the healthy eating diet! Sounds like a diet I could handle.

1 comment:

  1. Your snow day sounds like so much fun! I enjoyed my time off too!! Your kids are hilarious. I love that you can't eat Easter Eggs in the healthy eating diet. Surely she doesn't mean the chocolate ones...there is no food coloring in them...but maybe sugar. ;)

    ReplyDelete