Tuesday, September 14, 2010

No Questions, Just Answers

Well, the 2010 school year has begun and I'm just now catching my breath! I have a classroom full of sweet baby 2nd graders. Yes, they are still baby 2nd graders, but growing up a little bit every day.

As always, I have a few characters in my room that crack me up every day. There are some days I just have to turn my head or walk out in the hallway to laugh for a minute. Sometimes I just laugh right there in the middle of whatever is going on. The kids think it is hilarious when I crack up.

On one of the first days of school, my kids were all sitting on the rug with me. I had just given very detailed directions about an activity we were about to complete. I had literally walked through each step, demonstrating and exaggerating every single little detail. Believe me, that much detail is MORE than necessary for the first few weeks of school. The entire time I'm giving the directions, a little boy, we'll call him JT, had his hand up in the air. When I finished my extensive directions, I said " JT, do you have a question?"
His reply was priceless: he paused for a moment and then said "Well. . . no . . . but I do have 2 answers!" It completely caught me off guard and made me laugh. No questions, just answers. And by the way, his 2 answers had absolutely NOTHING to do with the activity we were about to complete.

I was thinking about little JT tonight as I left the campus of A&M. I was feeling VERY overwhelmed with everything that was presented and discussed in my Education Finance class tonight. I feel like I have SO MANY questions, when I wish that all I had was answers. After talking it out with Craig tonight, I felt much better.

I always find that I enjoy challenging myself. I like the fact that not everything is always easy and I like to see what I can accomplish when I push myself. This is definitely the case this semester. With 2 grad classes that both require numerous papers, projects, reviews, etc., training for a marathon- which has me running an upwards of 20-30 miles a week, teaching 2nd graders all day, and trying to be a good wife and mother (to my 4 legged babies)- to say I'm feeling the challenge is an understatement.

Good thing I've got a good support system! And JT, of course, to give me all the answers! ;)

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious! It sounds like JT will give you lots of laugh about over the coming year.

    And I had no idea you had a blog! I'm so glad I found it. :)

    ReplyDelete