Wednesday, September 28, 2011

We will not be old people who cannot do anything!


Last weekend, Craig and I made apple butter!   We made it in the slow cooker, just like my Granny does.  It’s pretty good, even if I did make it! 

Craig went to Scott’s Orchard Friday and bought a half-peck of apples.  We were able to make 2 batches with the apples.  Craig helped took care of the peeling, and even came home at lunch one day to turn the slow cooker down to low.  He also rocks at canning.  Yes, my husband can handle himself the kitchen.  Love it.




So- when we were getting everything together and trying to decide which recipe to use, I said, “Just let me call Granny.  She’ll tell us what to do.”
Craig’s response?  “No!  We are not going to be old people who don’t know how to do anything!” 
Ok. . . so we figured it out ourselves.  I’m happy to say that when we are old people, Craig and I will know how to make apple butter.   All is well.

Side note- I did call Granny when we were canning the apple butter.  I wanted to make sure we left it in the water bath long enough.   She was proud of us! 

1 comment:

  1. This is so fun! I may have to call you when I am old...but Jason can also handle himself quite well in the kitchen. MUCH better than I can, actually. So, maybe we won't have to call you after all. :)

    ReplyDelete