Saturday, June 26, 2010

True Confession:

Confession: I’ve been addicted to blogs for a while. No, I haven’t had one- I just love reading everyone else’s. So, here I am, starting my own blog. After talking with several good friends about their fabulous blogs, they began to encourage me to start one to keep up with everything in our life together. I like to write, but I don’t think I’m that good at it. I can’t even imagine someone wanting to read what I’m thinking. So- here goes nothing! J

This morning at 5:30 I ran (ok, struggled through) six miles with Amy. She is the most wonderful running partner and talking with her while we run makes the miles pass quickly. She was so patient with me this morning as I try to get back into the running groove. And if I’m going to make it through this hot, humid summer, I’m going to have to have some buddies to keep me going!

Our goal is the St. Jude Marathon on December 4 in Memphis. We won’t start our "official" training until around the end of August, so right now I’m just trying to stay in running shape!

A little year ago I never thought I would even enjoy running and now it has become kind of an obsession. I love the feeling I get when I’ve finished a good run, or a good race. I like the time that it gives me to think about things because I don’t run with music. And probably my favorite part- I love being able to eat just a little more because of the burned calories. Running has also blessed me with new friendships. It’s amazing the things you will talk about on an 18 mile run.

Hopefully, one day when I’m old and
gray colored, I’ll have lots of wonderful stories to tell about my running days.

No comments:

Post a Comment